Mysteries of the universe thread (feel free to add your own)

Kick back and relax.

Re: Mysteries of the universe thread (feel free to add your

Postby 73eldoconvert » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:34 pm

Why can't the internet find me a gas station that has a kerosene pump? I know they exist on the other side of town where I used to live, there has to be some on this end of town but I can't seem to find any way to search for them. I tried all the well known stores sites thinking there would be some way to search specific products or see what a specific store offers. I even checked some that I know have it to see if or how its listed but its not.
73eldoconvert
One Sick Caddy Freak

Postby Yendor » Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:05 am

Don't know if there is help for you there or not, seeing as this is
is an old thread. But there may be something there you can use. ??

https://www.turbodieselregister.com/threads/148102-kerosene-Where-do-I-find-it-in-the-Twin-Cities-area
Yendor
Gearhead

Postby Nick Campagna » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:43 am

Mills Fleet Farm in Menomonee Falls, Wi has a Kerosene pump - they are a local chain that does have a store in the Twin Cities area. Also look for Blain's Farm and Fleet.
Is the defect in what I see, or in what I'm seeing with? Menomonee Falls, Wi.
Nick Campagna
One Sick Caddy Freak

Postby 73eldoconvert » Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:41 am

I found some but thought it was odd that no one seems to list that on their websites. Mills Fleet Farm was a Minnesota based company. Their original store and headquarters was in Brainerd MN. Its now owned by KKR from New York which is apparently what they call an equity firm. Doesn't sound like a good thing long term.

Next question is why is it dyed in some places? I know 'off road' fuel is dyed and not road taxed so in theory the dye is to prevent / catch someone from using it on the road and avoiding paying the tax. I don't buy a lot of kerosene but last week it was $3.50 a gallon. On road diesel was $2.30. Why would you want to put kerosene in your truck if its more than a $1 higher per gallon? I can't imagine Kerosene is ever cheaper than diesel since its further refined but who knows that industry isn't about logic. I'm glad I found it not dyed, I read that it can cause issues with wick type heaters like I have.
73eldoconvert
One Sick Caddy Freak

Postby 73eldoconvert » Thu Dec 22, 2016 7:22 pm

How come chocolate candy assortments don't seem to come with pictures to identify what is what anymore?

At work we have been getting the usual holiday gifts which tend to be various brands and assortments of candy. There must be 5 or 6 different brands of assortments in cute little boxes. Some barely have the brand name on the box and that is it. Some have 'nutrition guides' but they don't have any photos or ways to identify what is what so how do you know what you are eating if you are following the guide? What if you have allergies? What if you are like me an don't want a chocolate covered cherry poop nut? Seems like in the past there was a grid on the lid that showed what was what so as long as no one mixed things up you could pick and choose. I remember others had a little book with photos. I even checked their websites, no clues there either.
73eldoconvert
One Sick Caddy Freak

Postby 73eldoconvert » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:41 am

I got two today.....

:banghead:
Why do so many websites especially when it comes to ads think everyone has the latest high speed computer and a very fast internet connection? I don't have either one and there are getting to be a lot of sites I just can't go to anymore because it literally can take 5 minutes to load and start playing all the video ads. I then click on something to go to the page I want and it all starts over again. I don't mind ads, that is just something you have to have if you don't have some sort of a paid service but some sites I am afraid that if I pay there will still be lots of video crap slowing things down and I will have wasted time and money.

:cursing:
Lately I have been traveling a lot and had some issues forcing me to spend a lot more time in public restrooms than I have historically. WTF is up with guys that piss ON the toilet? Sure I get it some places the urinals are in use and there is an open stall so go for it but lift the F'en seat and try to sort of hit the bowl. I have been in places were there is no F'en way that it was busy enough to have to piss in a toilet and every one of em had piss all over the place. If you are a puss that can't piss where anyone could possibly see you lift the dang seat.
73eldoconvert
One Sick Caddy Freak

Postby 73eldoconvert » Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:56 am

In the TV show That 70's Show did they ever explain why the Foreman's have a Toyota? I always assumed I missed the episode when they got it and they explained it then but a few days ago I caught episode 2 and they had it then. Seems odd that the character Red would have bought a Toyota especially back then.
73eldoconvert
One Sick Caddy Freak

Postby Yendor » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:13 am

I was going to say because of the oil embargo, but checked since I'm killing time right now anyway.

http://that70sshow.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Forman%27s_Toyota
Yendor
Gearhead

Postby pila78 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:16 pm

The reason I liked the "That 70s Show" was because Mila Kunis was in it !! :D
pila78
One Sick Caddy Freak

Previous

Return to Off Topic, B.S., Lounge